Wednesday, July 1, 2009

It's a BOY!!!!

Today I am 21 weeks 1 day pregnant. Yeah!!! Talton and I went to the doctor yesterday and found out that we're having a boy....his name will be Connar James Endres. We just loved the name Connar and James was Talton's dad's middle name. Neither of us cared whether our baby was a boy or girl, but we both just wanted to be right. Talton thought it was a boy, and I thought it was a girl. Well I had a talk with the baby before going to the doctor, and I told the baby how important it was for him/her to show his/her goods to Mommy and Daddy today. Well no sooner did the ultrasound device touch my belly did Connar have his legs wide open for us to see that he was, for sure, a baby boy. Talton jumped out of his chair like a rocket and did the whole fist pumping in the air and couldn't help himself but to say, "YES! I was right!!"


This was definitely the best doctor visit we've ever had. Seeing Connar do karate moves and roll around in my belly was the most amazing 30 minutes ever. What I loved just as much as seeing Connar was seeing his daddy be so proud and excited to his little boy for the first time. (Keep in mind, this was the first ultrasound where Connar looked like a baby and not a piece of rice. :) ) Connar is growing just as he should and weighed in at 13 ounces today. Keep growing strong little man!

During the ultrasound, we found out that I have a small fibroid tumor on my uterus. Fibroids are masses that grow in the uterus. There is a connection between fibroids and estrogen, so when you're pregnant and your estrogen levels rise, this can cause fibroids to grow. As your estrogen levels decrease (after pregnancy or during/after menopause), the fibroids tend to shrink and even disappear. The doctor is not concerned with it and says that it should not interfere with Connar's growth or my pregnancy.

This day will forever be one of my favorite days ever. I will never forget that day....the day where Talton stood next to me as we saw our son for the first time. If we love him this much now, I wonder how it will be when we actually meet him for the first time. I can't wait...

Here are some more pictures of Connar. I know, already a proud momma showing him off. Warning: Know that when you look at these, you WILL fall in love with him.


This is Connar's profile....sure can't wait to snuggle with that sweet face!



his itty bitty feet

He stretched out his leg for us! Thank you Connar!

2 comments:

  1. Yea! I am so excited for you guys! I am glad that you started a blog, so we can all keep up with you and Connar's progress. I can't wait until our little boys can play together. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is beautiful!!! So very happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete