Monday, August 17, 2009

cake & gifts & a stroller, oh my!



So Connar's first baby shower was this past weekend. My teaching team at school threw it for us, and it was absolutely fantastic! Connar got so many goodies that I had so much fun looking at as I opened them and then again at home when I was putting them away. Looking at the picture below it might look like he got everything he needs, but we actually still have quite a bit of essential things to get. On the invitation, the hostesses asked the guests to bring a book instead of a card...right up a teacher's alley! They look perfect on his shelf with plenty of room to add more. I'm so excited about the second shower for family and friends that is in September!!! When we got home from the shower, Talton put together Connar's combination stroller/car seat and his super cute car walker. What a great daddy!








Look how tiny the socks are! Talton and I are so unbelievably excited to have Connar here to put them on his sweet little feet! I sure do love this baby so much it hurts!!! By the way, I'm 28 weeks pregnant tomorrow......yes, that means only 12 weeks to go until his due date. Amazing how time flies when you're having fun. :)

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe it's only 12 more weeks! Jeff thinks the car walker is so cutie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice shower. I love the book idea. Very cute. You look amazing. Keep up the good job and soon your little sweetie pie will be here. The car walker is awesome.

    Laura

    ReplyDelete